Head of PE & School Sport - Scotland
1) Tell us a little bit about you?
I have been delivering PE in Primary Schools for the last 8 years. More recently, my time has been focused on working alongside teachers to improve their knowledge and confidence in delivering PE lessons. I am a UKCC qualified coach in a wide range of sports, a Balance and Bikeability instructor, a British Gymnastics qualified coach and a whole load of other things! I have vast experience of coaching EYFS age children, specializing in nursery and reception age groups.
2) What is your biggest memory of Primary PE when you were at school?
Can`t really remember, my age and memory are against me on that one! Although I do have flashbacks to country dancing…..urrgghh!
3) What are your favourite sports?
Rugby, Cricket, Ice Hockey and Football. I enjoy watching my eldest son play Ice Hockey and frequently watch the mighty Hammers!
4) Describe yourself in 3 words? -
Enthusiastic, fun, honest
5) If you were an animal, what would you be?
A Cheetah, fast and athletic!
6) What's your best advice to anyone teaching PE?
Keep everybody involved and active as much as possible, make sure everybody achieves something every session.
7) What brought you to work for Teach, Learn, Grow – Physical Education?
The opportunity to support teachers. I want to help them increase their knowledge and confidence whilst decreasing their already bursting workload.
8) What's the most satisfying thing about delivering an outstanding PE lesson?
The knowledge that you have played a part in the progression of childrens skill base in sport.
9) Who inspires you?
In a sporting capacity, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Moore and Sachin Tendulkar.
10) Favourite flavour crisps?
Cool Original Doritos, Prawn Cocktail Pringles, Skips, Wotsits, Salt and Vinegar McCoys, Scampi and Lemon Nik Naks, Flamin' Hot Monster Munch….You did ask!